I spent most of my time during the holidays on the Graduation Project milestone, so my work-output wasn’t spectacular for the Game Projects course.
After a lot of thumbnailing, I finally have a main character silhouette that I am happy with. She will have a slender build, to accentuate her speed and agility. However, Her upper legs are very big, to make her high jumps believable. The cloak has been a constant design element since the beginning of the project, although it has become less all-encompassing as before. She will have some robotic parts and some organic parts, but everything will be covered. She doesn’t have armor because the game has no combat.
Examples of thumbnail-designs for the main character.
Another thing I worked on was the procedural generation of noise maps for stylized textures. The material definition has become a bit too realistic in the latest weeks, so I tried to develop a node that can be used in Substance-software to generate grunge maps. These maps are designed to be used for the creation of more stylized textures. This is important because we will need to finish our test-scene by next week.
Some examples of stylized grunge-maps generated by my substance node-network.
Example of a metal-material generated with my custom noise functionality.